Obj. ID: 14902
Jewish Funerary Art Jewish Cemetery in Verkhovina, Ukraine
According to ESJF European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative, it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged in the 1880s, but the oldest preserved gravestone relates to the beginning of the 20th century. It does not appears on old maps. According to residents, the gravestones were not used for construction and were destroyed by nature. The cemetery is surrounded by remnants of an old wooden fence of 1.2 metres height. There are 30 gravestones and fragments lying on the site.
Date of the oldest tombstone: 1922
Date of the latest tombstone: 1935
To reach the cemetery, proceed for about 70 metres along Zhab'yevs'ka street from Hotel Svetlana. Turn right onto the secondary road, and proceed for about 150 metres. The cemetery site is located behind the private house on the left of the road.