The book cover is composed of a front and back cover. The front cover has a central rectangular panel with an inscription that reads: "This was donated by the sons of the society of the straight way in the year 602=1842". The rectangular panel is framed by a border decorated with foliate scrolls . There is a clasp attached to the border. A wider border frames the previous one, it is smooth and cocave and bears four leaves at the four corners. There are holes all around the border. The back cover has hooks soldered onto it.