Img. ID: 25725
The cemetery in Kuty was documented by the Center for Jewish Art at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 1994 and again by the project Jewish Galicia and Bukovina in 2015. According to the latter, the oldest preserved tombstone in the cemetery is dated 1735 and the younger one - 1939.
See also the website of the Jewish Galicia and Bukovina (http://jgaliciabukovina.net/163650/cemetery/kuty-cemetery).
According to ESJF European Jewish Cemeteries Initiative, the exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to the dates on the preserved gravestones, it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged in the first half of the 18th century. First, it appears on maps of the 1880s. Later it was marked on a map of 1939.
The cemetery is surrounded by remnants of an old stone wall. There are also fences of bordering private properties. A lot of broken gravestones on the sit were restored. There is a staircase going up to the top of the hill. There are about 3000 gravestones.
Date of the oldest tombstone: 1738
Date of the latest tombstone: 1940