The Grain Merchants' Synagogue (Cerealiştilor), is the only surviving building of 22 synagogues which existed in the town before WWII. The synagogue was built in 1899 and renovated after the fire of 1924. The shape of the synagogue resembles a provincial theater. The longitudinal building has two tiers of windows, a high curved roof and an elaborate entrance. The synagogue is surrounded by modern buildings: Erou Rusu 31. The building is used as a museum since 1991 (Aristide Streja and Lucian Schwarz, Synagogues of Romania ([Bucharest]: Hasefer Publishing House, 1997), pp. 84-85).
For the interior of the main prayer hall see: