The Grain Merchants' Synagogue (Cerealiştilor), is the only surviving building out of 22 synagogues that existed in the town before WWII. The synagogue was built in 1899 and renovated after a fire in 1924. The shape of the synagogue resembles a provincial theater. The longitudinal building has two tiers of windows, a high curved roof and an elaborate entrance. The synagogue is surrounded by modern buildings: Erou Rusu 31. The building has been used as a museum since 1991 (Aristide Streja and Lucian Schwarz, Synagogues of Romania ([Bucharest]: Hasefer Publishing House, 1997), pp. 84-85).